Provide support to education faculty in areas of student learning and provide support within both the educational and residential setting with student resident supervision and safety.
1. Provide educational assistance to clients within a classroom setting.
a. Provide instructional assistance to student residents on an individual basis per established lesson plans.
b. Assist with the preparation of classroom materials and handouts.
c. Assist with records management, i.e. student attendance, progress reports, etc.
d. Provide classroom supervision for study halls or in the absence of the teacher.
e. Request supplies as needed or directed for classroom activities.
f. Understand and support student treatment plans and IEPs (Individual Treatment Plans).
2. Provide client supervision and mentorship.
a. Assist in maintaining a positive learning environment by monitoring student resident behavior, redirecting residents when issues arise, and assisting with restraints when necessary.
b. Assist in monitoring and transporting students before and after school from the residential units.
c. Demonstrate an acceptance and respectfulness toward diversity concerning commonalities and differences such as gender, race, age, culture, ethnicity, class religion, disability and gender identify.
d. Serve as mentor and role model by demonstrating compassion and understanding for feelings, opinions and experiences of others, and communicating and interacting in a manner that is honest, positive, respectful and professional.
3. Ensure student resident safety and collaborate with co-workers to maintain an environment that is positive, respectful, clean and safe.
a. Ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures involving living classroom and school area, building, campus grounds and residential areas when assigned or when attending off-campus activities.
b. Perform First Aid/CPR procedures and respond according to established protocols in the event of an emergency situation.
c. Maintain appropriate boundaries in all interactions and contact with students residents.
d. Comply with Nexus policies involving privacy and confidentiality for student residents and their families.
4. Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required by Nexus. Understand and support the Nexus philosophy and treatment modalities.
5. Uphold Nexus policy and procedures regarding student resident confidentiality.
6. Perform other responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
Education, Credentials and Experience