PATH is looking for a full-time SOCIAL WORKER - RECRUITMENT AND LICENSING in our PATH BISMARCK office. This position works within PATH’s vision, mission, and philosophy to effectively recruit, determines eligibility based on initial screening, and efficiently completes the licensing process with qualified foster homes within assigned geographic area.
Competative salary and benefits.
Job Closed: 12/30
Recruit foster and adoptive families in assigned region.
a. Assist in the development and marketing of a plan and assist with the preparation of recruitment materials.
b. Perform public outreach and speaking engagements within a targeted geographic region to recruit foster homes.
c. Develop, implement, and evaluate recruitment strategies that are specific to the needs of children.
d. Identify and develop resource opportunities for recruiting quality foster families.
e. Receive inquiries and develop a follow-up plan.
f. Influence and motivate potential foster homes to participate in the challenges and rewards of foster parenting.
g. Screen inquiries from prospective foster parents to assure information is complete.
h. Maintain a tracking system of prospective families and ensure that their progress through the recruitment process is timely.
License foster families according to established standards.
a. Complete the licensing application process for assigned new foster parents in compliance with regulatory agencies, and agency forms and guidelines.
b. Complete foster care home studies with families.
c. Develop a strong working relationship with program and direct service staff; including county and community representatives in the licensing process and in all aspects of the job.
d. Orient prospective families to the foster care system and assess their abilities, motivations, and expectations.
Analyze and develop a plan to utilize the feedback received from clients and community partners to improve PATH practice & outcome in the recruitment and/or licensing process.
a. Prepare reports that analyze and interpret recruitment and advertising statistics.
Participate in staff and supervision meetings, and required PATH in-service meetings. Understands and supports the PATH and Nexus philosophy and mission.
a. Participate in individual and group supervision to ensure best practices are followed.
b. Provide timely and thorough information to supervisor regarding case incidence, service delivery struggles and difficult team processes.
c. Utilize supervision options and directives in service delivery. Ensure confidentiality of all treatment and services information in the recruitment and licensing process.
Ensure confidentiality of all treatment and services inforamtion in the recruitment and licensing process.
Perform other job related responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed.
Education, Credentials and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in social work related field and current ND social work license required.
• Experience in foster care, adoptions and/or family-based service preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work effectively with children and families having special needs.
• Prior experience working with diverse populations preferred.
• Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office products and internet usage.
• Valid driver’s license required. Must meet state regulating agency and Corporate driving requirement
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
• Remain current on all required training and certifications/licenses.
• Keep abreast of changing regulations and/or licensing requirements pertaining to foster care and adoption services.
• Exhibit clear, professional, respectful and effective communication when interfacing with clients, coworkers, families and external contacts and willingly share knowledge, information and resources appropriately.
• Demonstrate sufficient written communication skills to generate required documentations and reporting that is legible and articulate.
• Demonstrate concern and empathy towards others as needed, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
• Exhibit a high degree of ethical conduct, integrity and confidentiality and adheres to the Social Work Code of Ethics. Demonstrate self-awareness and willingness to process one’s own emotional and behavioral responses to situations in the workplace and demonstrate professional use of self in day-to-day work situations.
• Interact with and appreciate people from diverse cultural, social, economic and religious backgrounds.
• Demonstrate professionalism and work accountability, make self available to staff and exhibit a spirit of cooperation among team members. Assist co-workers as needed.
• Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of all PATH and Nexus policies and procedures and the ability to reference and use them.
• Maintain a schedule that is adjustable and flexible to meet changing work needs and demands of clients and their families.
• Demonstrate the ability to handle emergency or crisis situations and use sound judgment by taking appropriate actions. Remain calm and effectively manage stressful workload conditions and difficult, emotionally charged or crisis situations.
• Utilize organizational skills and tools to proactively manage multiple client needs/demands.
• Represents PATH positively within the community.
• Supports the mission of PATH and Nexus (“Changing lives through our Cornerstone Values”) by exemplifying the Cornerstone Values and the Guiding Principles in all interactions with internal and external customers, and in all work performed on behalf of the organization.
• Must be able to walk, sit, stand, crouch, twist, bend, reach overhead, maneuver stairs and stretch in a manner conducive to the execution of daily activities for a social worker visiting potential foster families in their homes.
• Must be able to spend a considerable amount of time driving to client locations and marketing opportunities as identified using one’s own vehicle.
• Repetitive use of hands and wrist is required for writing, typing and/or data entry.
• May require occasional long distance driving to meetings and/or training.