Perform medical services procedures and protocols that promote resident physical health and well-being, and ensure related staff training.
1. Coordinate the delivery of medical care to residents.
2. Collaborate with members of the treatment team to develop Individual Treatment Plans.
3. Coordinate staff training in CPR, First Aid, medication administration and infection control.
4. Administer bi-annual TB tests and provide Hepatitis and flu vaccines for staff, if applicable.
5. Implement, monitor and coordinate the administration of medications.
6. Attend and participate in staff meetings and training sessions as required. Understand and support the Nexus philosophy and treatment modalities.
7. Ensure confidentiality regarding client/resident medical background and treatment issues and comply with Nexus policies involving resident privacy and confidentiality rules for residents and their families.
8. Perform other job and work-related responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes