The Special Ed Teacher will provide educational instruction through a variety of accepted teaching techniques while employing behavior management strategies that will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of assigned individual students' IEPs.
1. Assess educational needs and the progress of assigned students.
2. Provide instruction to assigned students in classes of expertise as assigned.
3. Provide crisis intervention within the classroom setting and apply TCI or approved de-escalation techniques appropriate to the situation at hand; ask for assistance when warranted through appropriate procedures and keep other academic and clinical treatment staff appraised of inappropriate behaviors.
4. Create a classroom climate that is positive and supportive for both learning and treatment.
5. Ensure confidentiality regarding students is in compliance with all licensing agencies, company policy, COA and HIPAA guidelines.
6. Develop or assist in developing IEP's, test ability levels and coordinate meetings with other members of the IEP team.
7. Attend faculty/staff meetings, IEP staffings and participate in additional meetings and training sessions as required.
LBS1 license - OR - High School Teacher with LBS1 Endorsement.
Must be able to assist staff in physical and non-physical interventions with residents.