Provide educational instruction through a variety of accepted teaching techniques while employing behavior management strategies that will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of assigned individual students' IEPs on an as needed basis-to complement the needs of the full time teaching staff.
1. Complement the scheduling needs of the full time teaching staff.
2. In cooperation with other members of the school team, assess educational needs and the progress of assigned students.
3. Provide instruction to assigned students in classes of expertise as assigned.
4. Provide crisis intervention within the classroom setting and apply TCI or approved de-escalation techniques appropriate to the situation at hand.
5. Create a classroom climate that is positive and supportive for both learning and treatment.
6. Other duties as assigned
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an educational discipline.
Substitute teaching certification required
Valid driver’s license required. Must meet state driving criteria and pass corporate eligibility standards.
21 years of age or older