Supervise program staff and manage daily operations and therapeutic environment of the program through effective leadership, communication, organization and planning.
1. Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of all components of the treatment program.
2. Participate as a multi-disciplinary team member in developing and implementing resident treatment plans and strategies and provide direct client services to maximize therapeutic effectiveness.
3. Participate in the selection, training, ongoing development and performance evaluation of program staff.
4. Manage and monitor the program milieu and collaborate with coworkers to ensure an emotionally and physically safe environment for residents and one that is also positive, respectful, clean and therapeutic.
5. Participate in the annual budget development process and manage the current program budget.
6. Serve as representative of Nexus/Academy in public relations situations including professional gatherings and educational conferences, and in routine contact with resident caseworkers, parole officers and various referral agencies and other external entities.
7. Perform other job and work-related responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed.
Education, Credentials and Experience
1. Masters degree in Social Services, Psychology or clinically related field required.
2. Minimum of 5 years in adolescent counseling and/or residential experience required, plus 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
3. Valid driver’s license. Must meet state regulating agency and Corporate driving requirements.