Perform medical services procedures and protocols that promote resident physical health and well-being, and ensure related staff training.
1. Coordinate the delivery of medical care to residents.
2. Collaborate with members of the treatment team to develop Individual Treatment Plans.
3. Coordinate staff training in CPR, First Aid, medication administration and infection control.
4. Implement, monitor and coordinate the administration of medications.
5. Attend and participate in staff meetings and training sessions as required. Understand and support the Nexus philosophy and treatment modalities.
6. Ensure confidentiality regarding client/resident medical background and treatment issues and comply with Nexus policies involving resident privacy and confidentiality rules for residents and their families.
7. Perform other job and work-related responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed.
Education, Credentials and Experience
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current Registered Nurse license in the state of Illinois.
• Minimum of 1 year related experience; preferably in a residential setting.
• First Aid/CPR/CPI/Infection Control certification.
• Valid driver’s license and a driving record that satisfies regulating agency and corporate policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
• Remain current on all required training and certifications.
• Remain current on issues and regulations pertaining to nursing practices and changes in medical technology.
• Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities and perform activities in a manner that makes the best use of existing resources, staff and time.
• Easily adjust and be highly flexible in meeting changing work needs and demands and willingly provide direction and/or assistance when needed.
• Adhere to department procedures regarding punctuality and attendance. Exhibit and promote cooperation and flexibility among members of the team to ensure appropriate staffing levels on all shifts. Ensure responsibilities are covered, if applicable, when absent.
• Demonstrate problem resolution skills and the ability to handle emergency or crisis situations and use sound judgment by taking appropriate actions consistent with Nexus policy and procedures. Remain calm and effectively manage stressful workload conditions and difficult, emotionally charged or crisis situations.
• Exhibit clear, professional, respectful and effective communication when interfacing with residents, staff, families and external contacts and share knowledge, information and resources appropriately. • Develop and maintain healthy relationships and appropriate boundaries with residents, families and employees and exhibit a high degree of ethical conduct, integrity and confidentiality.
• Interact with and appreciate people from diverse cultural, social and religious backgrounds.
• Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures; the ability to enforce them and hold individuals accountable.
• Supports the mission of Nexus (“Changing lives through our Cornerstone Values”) by exemplifying the Cornerstone Values and the Nexus Guiding Principles in all interactions with internal and external customers, and in all work performed on behalf of the organization.
• May need to be able to assist staff in proper restraining of residents.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
• Must be able to twist, bend and stretch in a manner conducive to the execution of daily activities within a residential treatment program and office.