Provide psychological services to assigned programs to include psychological assessment, diagnoses and therapy leading to treatment planning and successful discharge of residents from the program.
1. Provide psychological testing and related services.
a. Coordinate, perform and interpret ongoing psychological testing and assessment of residents.
b. Review resident’s history and conduct individual clinical interviews.
c. Assist in the development of Individual Treatment Plans (ITPs).
2. Provide individual psychological services.
a. Conduct individual psychotherapy sessions.
b. Assess current level of psychological functioning, e.g., risks of harm, mood or thought disorders, personality disorders. Make referrals as appropriate.
c. Assist in evaluation of “at risk” clients (suicidal, aggressive).
d. Provide diagnostic formulations, treatment interventions and services.
3. Provide staff training in the area of psychological services.
a. Assist in identification and facilitation of staff training needs.
b. Provide training on psychological matters such as Individual Treatment Plans and clinical intervention.
c. Assist staff members in the interpretation of psychiatric reports.
4. Provide consultation to staff and treatment teams.
a. Participate in staff meetings, case presentations and conferences.
b. Be available for in-depth staffing for difficult residents.
5. Participate in the selection and guidance of assigned support staff as necessary.
6. Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required by Nexus. Understand and support the Nexus philosophy and treatment modalities.
7. Ensure confidentiality regarding residents’ medical and psychological background and their treatment issues.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Credentials and Experience
Ph.D. in Psychology or Psy.D. Degree required.
In Minnesota only, a minimum of a Master’s in Psychology along with state licensure (LP) is permitted.
Minimum 2 years experience in adolescent counseling and/or residential care strongly preferred.
Valid driver’s license required. Must meet state regulating agency and Corporate driving requirements.