Provide therapeutic social work services within the school settings, provide knowledge and guidance on issues related to special education laws and regulations, and serve as a therapeutic liaison between the residential programming staff, parents and referral agents.
1. Collaborate with residential program therapy staff to ensure successful coordination of the provision of individual and group therapy to all student residents.
2. Provide liaison assistance between school staff and residential program staff to ensure the effective coordination of treatment services to all student residents.
3. Facilitate and/or mentor coworkers as necessary in the implementation and provision of therapeutic services to students.
4. Provide liaison assistance on behalf of the school, along with residential program staff, to students' families, DCFS workers and court personnel, educational case workers and other school district representatives.
5. Generate required documentation regarding clinical treatment and therapeutic interactions and communicate relevant information to appropriate treatment team members, as well as school personnel, in a timely manner.
6. Administer and monitor health and safety procedures.
7. Attend clinical team meetings, therapy clinical supervision sessions and in-services as required. Understand and support the Nexus philosophy and treatment modalities.
1. Master's degree in social work and an Illinois School Service Personnel Type 73 Certification required.
2. LCSW preferred.
3. Minimum of 2 years adolescent counseling required; residential experience preferred.
4. Valid driver's license required. Must meet state regulating agency and Corporate driving requirements.