Provide educational instruction through a variety of accepted teaching techniques while employing behavior management strategies that will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of assigned individual students’ IEPs on an as needed basis to complement the needs of the full time teaching staff.
1. Complement the scheduling needs of the full time teaching staff
2. In cooperation with other members of the school team, assess educational needs and the progress of assigned students.
3. Provide instruction to assigned students in classes of expertise as assigned.
4. Provide crisis intervention within the classroom setting and apply TCI or approved deescalation techniques appropriate to the situation at hand; ask for assistance when warranted through appropriate procedures and keep other academic and clinical treatment staff appraised of inappropriate behaviors.
5. Create a classroom climate that is positive and supportive for both learning and treatment.
6. Ensure confidentiality regarding students is in compliance with all licensing agencies, company policy, COA and HIPAA guidelines.
7. Develop or assist in developing IEPs, test ability levels and coordinate meetings with other members of the IEP team where appropriate.
8. Attend faculty/staff meetings, IEP staffings and participate in additional meetings and training sessions as required; understand and support the Nexus treatment philosophy and modalities.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Credentials and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes: